Acupuncture is the ancient Chinese art of inserting fine, sterile needles into the skin to stimulate your body’s own healing abilities. At Rouse Hill Wellness Centre, we provide acupuncture and other services for those who live and work in Castle Hill, Bella Vista and surrounding areas.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) are recognised by the World Health Organisation as a highly effective and legitimate form of health care that have been practiced for over 2000 years.
As a natural form of healing, acupuncture has the following benefits:
- provides drug-free pain relief
- effectively treats a wide range of acute and chronic ailments
- treats the underlying cause of disease and illness as well as the symptoms
- provides a holistic approach to the treatment of disease and illness, linking body, mind and emotions
- assists in the prevention against disease and illness as well as the maintenance of your general well-being
The principles of Chinese Medicine such as Yin and Yang, and the Five Elements (Water, Wind, Wood, Fire, Metal) are the basis for your diagnosis.
Using these principles, our experienced Acupuncturist will be able to give you a Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis to any ailment you may be suffering from. This diagnosis is then used as the basis for your treatment involving Acupuncture and/or Herbal Medicine.
How does acupuncture work?
The insertion of fine, sterile needles into specific points (acupuncture points) stimulates the movement of qi and blood through the energy meridians in your body. This relieves painful symptoms, addressing the source of ill health and restores balance. Acupuncture is also used to strengthen the internal organs or eliminate toxins that have stagnated.
What is Qi?
Simply put, it is energy. It is what enlivens every cell in our body. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, qi or the vital energy of your body is of great importance. It nourishes all aspects of your body, circulates the blood and aids communication between the organs.
Complementary TCM Treatments
During your Acupuncture treatment, your practitioner may also use other Traditional Chinese Medicine treatments to further assist your body in achieving excellent health.
These treatments may include:
- Suction cups are placed on the skin to improve circulation.
- The herb Mugwort is gently burned above the skin to increase circulation, help dispel dampness from your body and when required, increase the effects of Acupuncture. By holding the moxa stick over the acupuncture points, the body is able to take in, store and slowly release this energy into the body.
Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Herbal medicine may be prescribed in conjunction with Acupuncture.
Book an appointment today
Rouse Hill Wellness Centre provide acupuncture, naturopathy and other services. Conveniently located for Castle Hill and Bella Vista residents, book your acupuncture appointment online or give us a call on (02) 8824 3334 today.