I’m sure like many of you, my slow cooker has been getting a work out these past few months. I thought I’d share a quick easy recipe (Martha Stewart inspired – thanks Martha!) that my family loves (adults and kids). This recipe also happens to contain some great winter herbs and spices like turmeric, garlic and ginger to help keep you healthy and warm in these cooler months. I like to serve this with cauliflower rice or basmati rice, and find that this recipe makes a large amount for my family of 4, which is great as there is always leftovers for lunch the next day.
Give it a go – would love to hear what you think.
• 6-8 organic boneless chicken thighs
• 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
• 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons curry powder
• Approx. 30grams of finely sliced ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• Coarse salt
• 1 cup of peas
• 2 small zucchinis sliced
• 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
• 1/2 cup toasted cashews (for serving)
• 1/4 cup coriander leaves (for serving)
1. In a slow cooker, toss chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander, and cumin to coat. Season with 2 teaspoons salt. Cover, cook on high setting until chicken is fork-tender, about 4 hours (do not uncover while cooking).
2. Stir in coconut milk and peas and zucchini; cover, cook for about 30 minutes.
3. Transfer chicken to a large bowl; shred with fork. Return to pot; toss with sauce.
4. To serve, garnish with 1/2 cup toasted cashews and 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, if desired.